Dec 29, 2008

Holiday Season, Pt. 1

So for Christmas vacation, the single kids of the family decided to come down to Texas. While usually, I am picking up those that get delayed flights and such, I was on the other side this time. My flight was originally delayed 2-3 hours. Unfortunately I had some music playing too loud on headphones and missed the announcement that it was going to leave from a different gate. Well, it was an hour later than it was supposed to leave, and I was at the original gate when they started calling for those to get on a later flight at the gate. So, I ended up taking a flight that was to leave 7 hours later than that. All in all, we ended up in Houston around 4 am.

Our first few days we mostly read books and did a bit of christmas, clothes, and food shopping. We ended up going to a church christmas/white elephant party. Our gifts we added to the pile consisted of debbie cookies and root-beer type drinks. I ended up getting a set of salt/pepper shakers with turkeys on them. It was fairly fun. We were there for about 3 days before T arrived.

Since T arrived, we've gone to the gym here at the gated apartment community twice, have rented both Iron Man and The Hulk, and watched various other movies around the aparment. One of the more interesting ones is a French Movie, Amelie. It has catchy music. Otherwise we have sat around, read books, put together two new puzzles that were Christmas gifts, and have spent our evening playing games such as Hearts, Nerts, Taboo, Chicken-foot (dominoes), Rummikub, Scrabble, and others. Among the books I've read so far, there's The Warrior Heir, the Wizard Heir, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (the second book). A few days before Christmas, we went out Christmas Caroling, though less than half of the people were home in the area we went to. Christmas itself was pretty fun. I got a set of 3 books, a pedometer, a bean-bag type thing, a movie: Final Fantasy - Advent Children, and a roll of bubble wrap (gag gift). We haven't done much since Christmas, though we did get a visit from Dad and Sue, who were on their way to some of her relatives further west in Texas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the singles got to hang out together!! I tell you though,... i really missed singing with you guys at the family get-together; i had to make due with recruiting small munchkins. Which made for MUCH enthusiasm,... but very little,... er,... 'harmony.' :-)

    ReplyDelete