Jun 2, 2009

Job Hunting

Applied for a few jobs on May 5th - most promising was Dominoes.  Since then, I've made a total of 30 calls there in the 'hiring' process.  It took 10 calls to finally get ahold of the hiring manager and find out I needed to get a 'Motor Vehicle Report' (and ended up having to get a new driver's license in the process.  After that, they were going to hire me at the Eastland location, but apparently the manager there gave the job to his brother even though he had promised the main hiring manager that he'd save the job for me.  A few calls later, after having them look for Driver vacancies at the different locations around Lexington, they finally find that they could start me out working a few days at the Northpark location.  Only thing in the way at this point was getting me a Dominoes shirt.....5 days later and 4 calls later, I'm finally going to start training tommorow.  Geez

I much prefer Giovanni's way of doing things - Go in, fill out an application, talk with a manager right then and there for 5 minutes, start work that evening.  They were always good for that.

Otherwise, life is fine.  My sleeping habits are on the fritz without school or work.  Most of the time I fall asleep a few hours after the sun is up.  My grades from the semester were satisfactory - 4 B's and 1 C.  The C was suprisingly not in English.  I'll definitely be improving future grades, but I'm satisfied for now.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome on working through the job process! It takes a few jumping through hoops, huh? Good job on the grades; what was the 'C' in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in macroeconomics - the class I went to the least.

    ReplyDelete