So, recently I received an e-mail on my college e-mail account. It was a survey for 'adult students'. I almost felt insulted that they would consider me that. Yeah, it's technically true, but if I were whoever was in charge, I'd at least not send it to those still in their 20's. That's just cruel.
Otherwise, school is going fine. I've had semi-legitimate excuses for what classes I've missed, but have also learned how each teacher handles skipped classes and how far behind it would put me/how much I would have to do on my own to make up for those classes that don't actively do work in class. The hardest class not to skip is a lecture class (Macroeconomics, which I've basically had half the class already before) where you can hardly understand what the teacher is saying, most of the information is quite basic and easily read/understood from the book, and I usually end up sleeping through part of class anyways.
From what I've seen so far from tests and homework, most classes look like they are around a 'B' average. Luckily, it won't be too hard to get most of them up to an 'A' (English aside). Just takes a while to get used to each teacher's style of grading and tests.
And, for those who haven't heard, I have moved from the first apartment I was at. Apparently, their rule for pets to always be on leashes while outside is taken very seriously. With some help from D (eldest), I was able to move the couch and some other stuff (along with finding that my front right tire on the van actually does have a leak). Now, I'm living at the complete opposite end of Lexington (northside) in an actual house (though it'd probably only sell for 50k) with a 24-year old engineer who works for Lexmark. He's pretty cool. Only disadvantage is that he doesn't actually turn the heat on. Luckily, I was later able to borrow a spare heater used for heating up small rooms. So much better now!

Yes, sadly, you are an adult students ;-> I laugh though that they actually sent you a survey. Oh, and what's this about pets?? you HAVE a pet?! I'm glad you got set back up in a place to live; is it any closer to campus for you?
ReplyDeleteThe roommate I had at the old place had 2 dogs. The new place is closer to school (though I decided to delay actually biking the 5 miles into campus until there's warmer weather). I did however find a closer place to park that turns my usual 3 mile bike ride into a 1 mile bike ride.
ReplyDelete