Feb 15, 2009

Ethics

          So, recently I had a 5-page papers due on ethics.  It took a while to separate the difference between ethics and morals in my mind and a while to pin down what my topic would be.  At the end of it all, I came with the argument that the FOCA (Freedom of Choice Act) that Obama is trying to get the (senate/House?) to pass.  It would force all hospitals to perform abortions.  My main argument was that 1/3 of hospitals are catholic-run and you get excommunicated for having or allowing an abortion.  Also that hospitals are the only place that you can get most second-trimester abortions done (by law).  I, of course, did most of it at the last minute, so at least a page of it was very pathetic (mostly talked about Bush/Clinton's legal dealings with it.  After all the time it took me to get the topic pinned down (over 5 emails to the teacher and 2-3 office visits), I don't want to even hear the word for a long time.

Otherwise, things are going alright.  Due to lack of employment so far, I've cut down my eating habits a bit.  (just haven't gone shopping and ended up doing things like eating 2 toasts a few times a day).  It's worked out so far.  In total, I'm 12 pounds less than what I was when I moved back here.  Still hard to go to a gym by myself though.  Was going to join D's gym like I did before and work out whenever he went, but don't have the money.  Have free access to UK's gym, but never did like how it was setup.  At least I have the 3~ miles bike ride to and from campus every weekday.  The other day, I was able to do it in 5 minutes one way, but 20 the way back, due to the wind.

3 comments:

  1. good job on finishing the ethics paper - i always hated those type of assignments; ask me to regurgitate or rephrase any info you'd like - just don't ask me for my opinion (at least not in college: i was MUCH to much of a 'people-pleaser' to have an opinion)
    Absolutely INCREDIBLE on the pound loss; i'm highly envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i don't think any of us are big on the whole opinion thing except maybe the oldest. She seems to know her politics. ugh, the idea of toast makes me sick at this point. Ive run out of all my fruits and bread. The only thing i have left is two blocks of cheese so i naw on that from time to time. However im fairly sick and bored of all food in general. Congrats on the loss. Do you have a mini gym at your complex? who is D?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, This is D number 3 ! Glad to find your blog. Good luck on the ethics paper. I will have to talk with you sometime about how you like finance classes, thinking of going back and re-taking mine. Good luck at UK.

    ReplyDelete